Thursday 24 March 2011

DAY15- HE LUVS ME.....HE LUVS ME NOT....

I understand just how difficult it is to do research and even more difficult to write an academic work.

It’s like a challenging rollercoaster rides as mom described of her own experience as many a times she was met with dead-end, frustration and sometimes too depressed to even talk about it with anyone and at  times, she would just shut everything down, wishing that she  didn't have to pursue it anymore but which she did successfully…

Everything else had to be sidelined, even things which were more important to her (the family) than her research. And she would ask herself if it was all worth it, whether it was really what she wanted. And she asked me the same question….”Is that what you  REALLY  want……?”

I FINALLY MADE MY DECISION AFTER weighing everything that needed to be weighed before deciding on whether to continue or not with it. It was a difficult decision to make initially, considering the substantial amount of work I have to put in and the considerable long time I have to spend on it. And of course, because whatever decision I made, it would result in a hard nut to crack situation. Implications that I have to face.

(Hahahaha….thinking about starting another…..hmm) 

But, frankly, it is an easier decision to make in letting it go, than to pursue with it.

I am at a stage any decision to further enhance my career is not really a necessity, but rather, a bonus….and if mom could do it…so could I.



And I know that I have made the right decision. 

DONT YOU THINK I CAME UP WITH A VERY CATCHY TITLE IRRELEVENT TO IT'S CONTENTS???

3 comments:

  1. well..i was at the market...but they ran out of fish..so, it's chicken soup tonight..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syed: I juz had mushroom soup for dinner.

    Thanks Am.....

    ReplyDelete