Wednesday 30 March 2011

DAY 18 – MY TEENAGE CRUSH.....

Sacrifices made. Times shared. Nothing was ever asked in return. It was all receiving and receiving from him. All the helps were sincerely given. Believe me……

It was like……a Prince Charming In a Shining Armour riding a black stallion. I noticed him that night and we exchanged contact numbers at a wedding dinner (knew him a long time ago before he finished uni, I was only seven then) .

The "current" flowed and the calls came ever so constantly for the next three months (I was waiting for my SPM results). Almost every hour he would call to ask what was I doing and to inform me, what he was going to do next and next. He still is employed in one of the prominent set up in the country.

My, oh my! Was I not flattered and riding over the moon? As fast as the stallion came into my life, it took the same speed to disappear just disappeared……. Woooosh. I was dropped like a hot potato, a free fall!!...ripped off and died almost instantly. Day dreams were gone. Hopes were shattered, times stood still, heart broke to pieces, minds twirling and emotions erupted like volcanoes. Mama said it was just a teenage crush….he is too old for me and a married man….. 
Thank you mama for being there for me to share my sorrows.(hahahaha…..teenage sorrows)

Thank God, I managed well enough and after some weeks of brooding and lying low, I got up and put my head high, started walking tall again. So What???? I was lucky to escape the tyranny and "unseeing" episodes of this so called, gentle, caring and loving person. Beneath him was only God Knows what!

When I bumped into him many years later, I still could talk and walk together with him without any feelings of vengeance.  He was telling me about his family life. He ran into difficult times in his business too. Tears were in my eyes…. sad that I could not help him in his time of sorrow. BUT those days, when I ran into difficulties he was always around to help.
What a true friend indeed.


Thank you ……

No comments:

Post a Comment