Tuesday 12 July 2011

Are You a Perempuan Melayu Terakhir..?



What kind of love, lies n betrayal are you? who is ET n is that u r a "Perempuan Melayu Terakhir (PMT)" utk "Lelaki Irish Terakhir (LIT)" by Anonymous 7 months ago

I've never been one and I don't bother to be one.  In fact I prefer not to be one and I think I'll go a gaga if I am one. Hahahah….. Gosh. I sounded like a wrecked train.

Where does the LIT  fit in then? He is not an Irishman but stayed  long enuogh in Ireland to study engineering, fell in love with a beautiful Spanish girl and they have a beautiful daughter but been searching for a PMT since they separated nearly ten years ago. When finally he found the right one ( I think she is not a PMT after all) I was asked the above question by one of his lady admirers seven months ago….

Me: My weakness is that I am not the PMT type
Zul: Why is that a weakness?
Me: Because it seems that most peeps prefer these PMT type for wives or for DIL
Zul: Why don't you be one?
Me: I do love myself for what I am and could proudly say I am not a hypocrit, but it's them who don't favor me.

Since in primary I was a bit boyish and carried on to be one during lower secondary. I never had the PMT qualities no matter how hard mama tried to groove me into one then. But I changed to a bit more lady like when I was in form four….

So, the question is….
Does that make me less Malay?
Does that make me less a lady?
Does that make me less respectful?

I've tried countless times during my 'self-discovery' period to be a PMT, walk slowly, lowering my voice when I laugh, give a one word answer and talk less. BUT I am always at my best when I could laugh my heart out when happy. I could look up, (not down) when I walk, with pride and confidence. I look into the eyes as a sign of respect when I talked. (I'm very opinionated and I”m not a one word answer type. Why should I suppress to feed the MCPs egos?).

I'm not a feminist. I don't believe in e
quality between genders. God purposedly made us different. Women are given this GIFT to experience carrying another life which guys can’t.
I may not be alim, but I have strong belief there are reason God's created rules. (You CAN question and it will always brings you back to the rationality of all the rules created by GOD) To me as long as I hold on to FAITH, I will be able to find my way through life.

“You belong to the bold, brave, and daring breed with a 'demure look'……”.

That's what most of my friends think of me.
What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you wanna get to know me better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. i know u now and Congratulation for finally succeed to be a "Perempuan Melayu Terakhir (PMT)" utk "Lelaki Irish Terakhir (LIT)"

    ReplyDelete