Friday 22 July 2011

What Happiness means.....


  

Whether or not we have problems, time dutifully goes on, never miss even a tick for us to ponder and take our own leisure period to settle them. Whatever time we still have, we should allocate them wisely as in surah Al-Asr which keeps reminding us the value of time. I would soon be approaching 30 in not so many years left (3 years). Time flies, a cliche yes, but it really does.

And time is all we have for each other. The time that was spent together with so much fun and happiness as children and passed through our adulthood. When I emailed Adik how he felt first day at work (he started work Monday) his answer was, “I am very happy, sis” and despite all craziness, all madness and the rat race life of the world around us – we still have hope on happiness. That we are able to know what happiness means. To feel total joy and satisfaction.

This means a lot to me......

And congratulation to my dearest brother upon finishing his studies and is now absorbed into the medical team of the KKM  as a PHYSIO THE RAPIST. Hahahaha........
(he was a JPA scholarship holder and have to serve the government hospital for the next four years as a physiotherapist)

Children will grow up, enter adulthood in all their wide-eyed innocence but in due time they will experience many things: good, bad, happy and sad.

My thought runs to Billi, of  course, as a single mom my hope and prayers he will be safe and protected, and will only experience the good and positive things. I am sure that was the same hope and prayers my own parents had for me.

But, I have experienced excruciating pain and sadness that no one could understand nor could anyone do anything about it. But – what kept me going were the remote memories of a happy life I had. What happiness really means to me. And I knew that the sad and painful phase I was going through was just a phase. That it would soon go away while the memories stay. What happiness really was is my benchmark of what I need to feel once again.

Its a cycle, all these disappointments, sadness are life experiences; I hope and pray Billi  need not have to go through ( in cases of the will of Allah) I hope that he will remember what happiness really means and that happiness is a RIGHT to each and every one of us.

And having said that, I am arriving at the peak of my own thoughts of what my own happiness is about in all honesty.

4 comments:

  1. hmmmm...nicely written notes

    ReplyDelete
  2. And having said that, I am arriving at the peak of my own thoughts of what my own happiness is about in all honesty......

    happiness is a RIGHT to each and every one of us... BUT for u....u choose making others sad continuously and repeatedly in order to achieve your benchmark of what U need to feel once again.
    and YES.....time dutifully goes on, never miss even a tick for us to ponder and take our own leisure period to settle them. Whatever time we still have, we should allocate them wisely as in surah Al-Asr which keeps reminding us the value of time. your TIME is valuable but again... why sud u care about d stupid old man's time...u wrote " I would soon be approaching 30 in not so many years left (3 years)."...wonder how old is dat old man now>>>

    ReplyDelete