Tuesday 30 April 2013

Horoscope....



During my university years, I love poring over horoscopes columns, published either in newspaper or my favorite woman magazines.  I would look into those nonsensical things either alone or regularly with other girls and  we would laughed out loud and uttered those were nonsense when all the while deep in our heart we were wishing the good romantic stuff written were true for us.

Basic, most of us believed horoscope were all superstitious suits us as an entertainment stuffs only and the truth be told the first thing we flipped through when reading newspaper or magazines were the horoscope column then off to the comic strips. 

I wished I would meet my soul mate back then, the other half who will complement me and set my inner side on fire. (now... just typing soul mate make 1.1% of my brain rots)

So when we were dumped or were rejected by our boyfriends we would refer to our horoscopes, looked it over meticulously and declared to ourselves "Oh, see... the sign say we are not compatible."

After I got married, I never really care to look for these horoscopes column or eagerly read what the stars predict of my love life anymore. For better or worse, hard or easy, we still have to get through our life. Reading a paragraph of 'signs' that apply to 1/12 of the world would not help if you yourselves are not ready to face any arising problem tactfully.

Horoscope is nothing more than a diversion, giving you an impression that this person born under a specific dates is wrong or the right one for you.
But the weird thing for me is, ‘both’ of them fall under the same signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment