Monday 7 March 2011

DAY 3: THE BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT

…..… uncertainties.. for not knowing what to expect and what was expected from me that day.. ….WORRIED?

Maybe..
Just hope that the process will be smooth and quick with no complications.. ..SAD?
No.. I don't think so..
I waited for 3 yrs for this to happen. As difficult as it was, I knew there is no turning back and I was contented, at ease and happy with my decision. But having to hear it announced in the court of law is probably a different story.. But I have promised myself, there won't be any more tears. I have cried enough to last for a lifetime, so no more.. Not a single drop..  

'Till death do us part..' 'For better for worse..'

 ………. officially breaking the promises. It  progressed  in a very calm and composed manner...no visible hesitations, at least not on his part anyway. I was guilty of breaking an oath which I only manage to fulfill for 13 months and failed miserably. I did try to keep up a straight face in the courtroom but when the judge asked me whether I agree to go ahead with the proceedings, I crumbled. I don't understand why they need to ask me the same question again and again when the power to talaq was never mine. Had I actually disagree, what difference would it make? Then why bother asking? (Stop pointing fingers….without knowing the nature of the whole  event)
Surprisingly, I felt much beter after that. As sad as it was, (I wonder why the sadness…I waited miserably 3 years for this to happen) I felt a huge burden lifted off my shoulder and I could move on freely. A month later I revisited to collect the final report….Custody of Billi is his.


What a 'great' birthday gift eh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment