Tuesday 22 October 2013

A fighter to the end...


The last time we met and actually spoke to each other was a few years ago. It was a long teary conversation and I can still remember we were hugging and crying as she determinedly told me that she will bravely give it a fight. 

She did and was able to move on got married and gave birth to two kids. Now it saddens me to think of them growing up without her around anymore.

October 18 at 2.00pm.  The last sms I sent her asking if she was still warded                                                                                                                                                                                        “I am warded! I have a tube poking through my lungs and my white blood count is low” was her last sms I got from her.

She had given birth to a son hardly a month ago that her cancer returned and spread to one of her lungs..

I didn’t even get to speak to her on the phone and the last call I made was before I left for SB. but she couldn’t speak to me since she was in a chemo session. I did ask to visit but she told me to wait till she was feeling better. Understandable, but I feel a tinge of regret.

October 22 at 6.00pm. What a day to know about her passing, a few hours after touchdown. Sue called to confirm and Marz was first to alert me. But I had a few meetings to attend before I could catch the next flight home,
A fighter to the end was her last entry on her blog dated October 21. I cried buckets when I read through her private blog..
In one message she wrote that I should seriously write. I take it as a challenge. It’s time to write her stories. Her fight against breast cancer.

Semuga suami arwah redha dan tabah menghadapi ujian ini. 

No comments:

Post a Comment