Sunday 24 March 2013

Our first duo evening drive...


I turned 29 in early March. And I am now years away from the time when I see myself as that of a fresh-faced 17 year old, somewhat cynical but ready to take the world on her own big stride. Suffice to say, in between those twelve years I have wrestled and grappled with the cards that life has thrown at my face. There had been times I have emerged victorious which are far and few in between. Lesson that I didn’t learn while I was in ST* : You never get what you want. You may think you have gotten it, but the packaging looks better than what is in the inside.
There are moments which I forgot to capture by heart, pictures I forgot to single out, love ones I forgot to write to, phone numbers I forgot to ask for. I remember vividly my life in high school. Running around in my white and blue uniform, juggling 9 unrelated subjects which to me was the greatest burden alive ( I still think it is) and my uni life in Sydney..
But most of all, our duo evening drives right now allows me to think about things I forgot if I ever try given a serious thought about them. Those things I don’t want to let go which keep swimming in my mind of past dreams, gone by inspirations, elapsed ambitions, my innocence lost, and a brutal and savage occurrence which I dread to reel back .
We stopped at a traffic light near a school. A group of primary students are lined up in the school field, looking restless as they listen to the headmaster droning on and on endlessly. I smile to myself.  They are all images playing tricks in my mind on a late Sunday evening…
He: you ok?
Me: Yes. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment