Thursday 21 March 2013

Me and a dog name Boo....



I found some old tapes I made when I was still at school from a box I took from Shah Alam. Home for the two of us, me and my eldest brother when we were lil but the house was sold a few months back. It saddened me. The same sad feeling I had when pa sold our home in Ipoh 3 years back.
Back to the old tapes….some of them were compiled by accident – a series of songs I’d liked at a specific point of time, recorded from the radio. Not many were ‘clean clear’ copies because there’s always a voiceover somewhere in the back ground, which really annoyed me then. Now they are just capturing  the spirit of the long lost times.
When I got A1s for my PMR examination, the parental units had to pay up – the deal was RM50 per A1 obtained. Hahahaha….. I was trained as a capitalist then. I manage to get near the RM400 and the amount I secured allowed me to buy an Aiwa radio with both a CD and a cassette deck.  It was a joyous homemade mixtape heaven for me then..
The mixtape has, of course, evolved to mix CDs and now playlists. I don’t mind playlists, but with me they tend to grow exponentially. What all mixtapes boil down to, when you’ve stripped all the stories away, are a collection of songs that you want to listen to.
 A playlist is just a couple of songs I quite like at a particular moment in time, and I want to listen to them frequently enough; not too frequently enough to have it on loop, but at the same time frequently enough to not have to wait more than 45 minutes or so to listen to it again.
For the first time today I listened to this song posted on my fbook wall. My heart bleeds....

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete