Monday 23 September 2013

When the lioness roar....


I am confident I can do this but I can’t omit the vulnerable and weak feeling I am having inside me sometimes. The urge is strong to be there again and why not, this is not my first Africa assignment but I do get cold feet now and then, I simply can’t totally forget the scene I saw of a teenage girl being raped by… during my six months stint there over a year ago. That was the first time I set my feet on African soil. I can’t just close my eyes and pretend that it never happened……

Some questions my decision why I took this assignment while others are supportive. Some are in denial but giving me assurance nonetheless. Some are reluctant to let me go. 

But....I belief, only I know why I decided to take this assignment. It is really difficult to explain to others. 

Mobility of staff in this industry is very rapid. Lots of people get transferred, sent for assignments, attachments, trainings all around the globe and I am one of the frequent one with first rate chance aim at.. 

ALLAH has great plan for me. Yes, indeed.

The email came two days ago... it’s gonna be a twelve months attachment in a joint operating company in South Sudan. I am ready to take up this challenge after a four months break after the six month stint in Mauritania. 

This will be my fourth trip to Africa, this time it’s Juba South Sudan. Most of us have never heard of this place, I know. Me neither.

Google.

It is not a holiday-type of place. Nobody would ever plan to go there unless it's work related. 

There are about thirty Malaysian already working there, no ladies.
So I will be the only Malaysian lady there.

When the lioness ROAR…J

Oh yea….

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete