Thursday 26 September 2013

Fogy ol....



I remember a cousin who asked me, “if your husband wanted to take another wife, what would you do?”

The answer coming from me was swift and sincere; “I filed a divorce”

And all my other cousins roared with laughter. ( I don’t find it funny)

Not that I have anything against guys taking four wives. He has to be sincere and has the strength to be fair to all  parties involved ( please includes the children too) with the backings of a sound strong religious background and is actually helping the poor and abandoned ladies with children….

…….sounds great to me.

Another friend shared with me an old fogy well to do old geezer who wish to take on polygamy.
Quoting the old fogy geezer : “I provide well for the whole family and I feel  like sharing my wealth with others outside the family circle”.
(i.e to start a new family with another woman = kawen lagi satu la. And he is considering the young, virgin ladies ONLY.)

So she pointed out to the old geezer that if he were to observe the Prophet's sunnah he has to consider poor ladies abandoned by  husbands or ladies whose husbands had passed on because basically these ladies are deeply in need of his wealth sharing. 

Old geezer shot a grin (termalu la tu) added, “I am thinking of mualafs so that I can guide them in their new found religion”.

And I ask my friend,” A young virgin mualaf like you?”.
Hahahahahaha…..

Malay men see polygamy as a privilege..(betol tak?)  A credit is a privilege too. And both have one similarity, a RESPONSIBILITY. The more you add on to your credit, the more interest is credited into your monthly bill.


Having to menjawab for your mother and sisters I think is tough enough, and then having to menjawab for your four wives and daughters ... Sure as death I'll be biding my time in hell if I can’t be fair to all. If I am a man la...so that's one plus point of being born a lady. J

It's my unfair impression that men who take on more wives are only after the fun part of it. Truthfully speaking, this is what I see here.

Old dude, fed up with the aging  and boring wife, thinking time and again to add on a trophy wife, and goes all out to seek one. The idea seem delicious, and might be the answer to his aging wife's woes, but does it really solve whatever is wrong within the first marriage?

I guess, before jumping into the marriage wagon, we owe ourselves and our future partner the answer to this question: Why am I getting married?  Find a sincere answer to this…., 

My two sen…..

No comments:

Post a Comment