Monday 20 June 2011

Of Snobbery...


Snobbery  can take on many forms, food, brand, work, music and  even  in friendship. I hate to admit it but I am guilty of some but gradually I am coming  to term and I am discarding  all these negativities as I am  getting the better out of me..

One of my pet peeve (personal hate) is friendship snobbery. All these talk about ….. I am a friend of Tan Sri, Tun, Dato' Seri  son/dotter/wife (wateva). Bullshit …..it drives me up the wall. I might be guilty of mentioning and doing the same but it's just fact-stating and not a form of showing off. Some people will go on and on and namedrop whoever they could just to show off which they think make them look classy  (feel good as well….I guess) and some even stoop so low to get into exclusive clubs or projects….bla bla bla,,,, Pathetic.

One incident:
I was on my way home when this friend of mine let’s call her Miss Sexy frantically and excitedly waves at me so eager to show me  a piece of flyer:

Me:  Kenapa? Flyer latest seminar ker?
    
(Wassup?…..Is this the flyer of that latest seminar ? )
Cik Sexy:  Ko tau tak yang jadi Speaker  saper? Yang Mulia Raja beb...  cuba tengok..Ko kenal tak?
(The speaker is bearing a title  with Yang Mulia before his name reflecting that he comes from the royal families)
Me: Sape?Raja Nazrin? Raja Petra? 
Cik Sexy: Err.. Raja Abdullah tak kesahla tapi dia Yang Mulia tau!! Yang Mulia
Me: Hmmmmm……
Turned out it's just some obscure dude with a Raja title. And Cik Sexy thought he is some kind of a celebrity royalty just because of the Yang Mulia.


One more pet peeve is food snobbery. Don't you just hate it when someone says "Oh, I don't eat  of a day leftovers ..." It doesn’t really matter to me…as long as it is refrigerated and being warm up before eating them again the next day or two days after…..(jangan nak membazir makanan)

And please, if you you don't take rice, maybe because its not in your daily diet  don't go "Eowwwww.. Rice?? Oh I stay away from rice, it's fattening" while someone is enjoying their nasi campur (mixed rice) with gusto. That's just plain rude. If you don't eat a certain type of food, and find is disgusting to your taste buds.. just SHUT UP  WILL YA!

“Ko makan sayur jer Nina……nanti cepat mati tau”                                                           ( You are a vegetarian?  You speed to your death Nina…..)
Shiittt......
Macam plak ko yang tentukan bila aku mati.
Tengok  kambing makan sayur je…daging mahal!!!                                                       
heeeeeeeeee…………….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment