Friday 24 June 2011

Mama head is spinning.....


Billi:Please, Mama, please....please  pleeeeease

Yes, that request came again when he visited me in HCMC last month. Billi has been lobbying me big time for a baby. He tried to reason with me that one is not a nice number and that if there are two (including him) and the 2nd happens to be a girl, “Everything will be so…… nice” he said.

Billi : When are you marrying uncle Zul ma? so that I can have a sister?
Me: Speechless.
Billi: Mama…….
Me: Hmmm….
Billi: I have even thought of a name for her 
Me: Let's hear it then.
(his face lit up as he sensed that maybe I was beginning to buy his sale's speech)
Billi: Yasyuen (beaming from ear to ear )
....I think that's a pretty cute name. (it was Aiesya before I left for NT and Gayatri before that!)

I started reasoning with him why we are not going to have another member in the family, carefully putting my words as gentle as possible, secretly hoping that he will totally forget the whole idea.

It was one gummy situation for me because Billi does not give up very easily.

Billi: My friends in school, have many children staying in one house but I am alone mama.
Me: I'll see whether the local supermarket have a baby girl for sale. I’ll get you one.
Billi: But mama…
Me: Shhhhh……mama head is spinning. Go to bed now.
(hehehehe.........)

1 comment: