Tuesday 28 June 2011

Is it her first love story or first love?



She declared, "Ika cinta dekat Shafiq"(I love Shafiq) but she is only a six year old girl…. 
and she  has learnt to L O V E already?? I don't realize that children grow up so fast these days…… 

Shafiq is my 22 year old brother and Syah is his girlfriend. Ika is Syah’s six year old sister. Ika first met Syafiq when we were in Penang to pay our last respect on her aunty’s burial day. Since then, Ika kept mentioning my brother’s name and asking about him many times. 

"Kak Syah, Ika nak RAMPAS abang Syafiq dari Kak Syah"
(I want to steal Syafiq from you  said Ika to her 20 year old sister Syah) 

Owh….

"Ika  CINTA dekat  abg Shafiq. Dia pun kata dia CINTA dekat Ika..."                                                                                                                        
                                                           (I love Syafiq and he loves me too)

It seems like, this is 'love' at first sight for Ika (Atika).
I met her again when we were in Penang for my cousin wedding and had this conversation with her…..

Me: CINTA tu apa Ika? (What is Cinta?)

She : CINTA tu "I LOVE YOU" lah. (Cinta is …I love you)

Me: LOVE tu apa?  (What is Love?)

She: LOVE tu kissing lah. (Love is kissing…)

 I was speechless.
She kept asking if Shafiq would be coming for the wedding. Syafiq turned up 2 hours later. Syah and I kept it a secret to surprise her. She was surprised, indeed. When she saw Shafiq came through the gate, she was all smiles... practically grinning ear-to-ear. . 

I wonder if she felt the same as how I first had my crush during my younger years.(Was it puppy love?) The blushings, the cold feet, the loud thumping heartbeats, the clumsiness when the eyes met... and the list goes on. Didn't we all go through the same experience? Didn't we all once have this kind of feeling at one point of time?

Ika never left him out of her view, kept him in her radar all the time. Syafiq knew of her little 'crush' over him and he willingly entertained her childlike conduct.  Anyway she is just a child. Maybe what she wanted was the brotherhood love.

Her mother told Syah not to let her kept bugging Syafiq. 

"Kang, dia cakap 'I Love You' dekat Syafiq tu... malu ja. Gatai~~", said Mak Teh.                                               (It would be an embarrassing situation if suddenly she outrightly said, I love you to Syafiq)

Laughter broke the scene in the kitchen between us.

Ika was so happy and cheerful tagging alongside Syafiq.

(Iskk .. iskk ..  Tengok lah. Siap pegang-pegang tangan lagi. Ala, perbezaan umur Datuk Sti dengan Datuk K pun dalam 19 tahun. So apa lah sangat kalau Ika a 6-year-old girl digandingkan dengan  Syafiq a 22-year-old guy? Baru 16 tahun difference... ok apa)
Ahaks!
When Ika is 20, Syafiq will be 36…..16 yrs difference in their ages. Yours truly is in similar situation too… but he is 18 years older.    Hmmmm…….When I was 20 he was 38.

So, is this her First Love Story or her First Love?

No comments:

Post a Comment