Sunday 16 February 2014

You will always be remembered..


I couldn't sleep. Zoul is away, as usual.  I checked FB. 


I read the news of another friend passing due to cancer. It is heartbreaking to lose him so suddenly. He was 29, a bachelor boy. I would loathe it if one day my memory of him would fade. So if it ever did, this blog post would remain.

We were from the same batch in university, He was the youngest. We are the children of the 84. He was a child of  the 85 and that makes him our adik manja.

We were not great friends but among the many friends I made in uni, he was one of the few who made the effort to keep in touch. I wish I had remembered to invite him for the doa selamat we had in Ganu December last year. I wish I had made the move to meet up with him each time he called to meet me. It was more of a one sided effort since I was busy with work (the only excuse I had) But that is all that left now, empty wishes and regrets.

But for its worth, he was a good friend. He consistently  went out of his way to ask how I was doing. He was a good late night conversationalist when I need to keep awake and he need to be awake during our final exam and he had touched many lives wherever he was. To lose him, is heartbreaking to many of us.

We know that you are in a better place and Allah loves you more. 

Al-Fatihah. 

You'll be remembered in my prayers. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment