Monday 24 February 2014

Happy Anniversary Leodi.

My marriage turns one at the strike of midnite…  

The initial plan was to have the anniversary dinner at The Empire but it was fully booked. I was quite upset since we love food served at Pantai Restaurant.

We went to Deals Restaurant, Radisson instead– for oyster (Zoul loves oyster). He went online to look for every place with oyster available. I on the other hand just wanted to have nasi katok with vege. But there was none..

(Nasi Katok is rice with a hot spicy gravy called sambal, a piece of fried crispy chicken wrapped in a special paper wrapper. It costs around one Brunei Dollar for a small packet sold in scattered food stalls in Bandar SB. It is Brunei signature street food every visitors/tourist should try).

The place was dimmed and it feels private. I wish it would be a lil brighter. We were starving the moment the buns and butter were served. The service was fast. I was still munching a bun when the oysters were ready.
Zoul ordered half a dozen of raw and another half dozen of grilled oysters with herbs and shallots. Zoul said all of the oysters were good and fresh with no fish taste. Most probably the oyster were still alive when they were about to be served.
I felt horrible…..
That’s for appetisers.

Next..
Spaghetti with clam, pan fried fish, lemon and roasted garlic for Zoul and spaghetti with salad and mixed fried vege for me. I could see there were Japanese mushroom and pagoda flower in my mixed vege.

I enjoyed my meal but Zoul was not happy with my food intake since the last time we went for dinner I crave for the oysters but not this time. (Kesian dia terpaksa layan his cerewet and mengada2 pregnant wife…..)  
Desert…..
Mine… warm apple crumble with custard sauce, served with sorbet ice cream.
Zoul thought the apple crumble looks funny….so I finish it off, none was left on the plate. And the sorbet was great, nothing like I had before.
 All thanks to Zoul who did his best, for me.
(Zoul left for Miri immediately after dinner….on standby)

Happy Anniversary dear Zoul…

2 comments: