Monday 10 February 2014

Overheated


I have tried my best not to fall asleep before bedtime. But recently, I just gave in, enjoyed the short period doze and spiritless I stayed awake after that, filling most of the time readings while awaiting subuh.  
A logical explanation why I am wide awake right now!

A short naps or a good tight sleep were never an issue before. I can pretty much sleep whenever, wherever I want.
But of late, it has become increasingly difficult because I am constantly feeling overheated. All I want to do is be au naturel, burn all those blankets, which don’t comfort me that much anymore. Would that lead to runny nose or fever? Eventually I try my best to sleep with my clothes, blanket and air conditioning system on, while I toss and turn for the perfect position but this usually ends up with me sitting upright in front of my laptop and by the time dawn breaks I am already exhausted beyond repair!

Feeling warmer or overheated like the one I am enduring now, it is due to the hormonal changes and an increase in blood supply to the skin, likely sweating more than usual too .Nowadays, I wear loose cotton clothing and keep my room cool all the time (either by the air conditioning system or an electrical fan). I bath and wash more frequent to help me feel fresh. Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration

During pregnancy, the amount of blood in the body increases by as much as 50 percent. The blood vessel will dilate, allowing the blood to come of the surface causing the overheated feeling. Blood volume and internal thermostat will return to normal after delivery.

I am aware by the third trimester (the last leg of my pregnancy) the metabolic rate will increase and will add more to the existing overheating feeling.




No comments:

Post a Comment