Saturday 9 November 2013

Part six: A fighter to the end

 

*The ability to write is an extreme privilege. It's a valuable gift and the ability to tell a story to someone else is even a greater gift. There are lots of things I wish I would have done, instead of just grudging and complaining about my own life.

For the past week I have been writing a story and am still at it even now, at my enthusiasms at it's brim, in my own inner voice, my mind but it was her story, her vision….it was her battle  against breast cancer.

Al-Fatihah.

May you rest in peace my friend….**

 

Love Your Job

 When I held the full responsibility of being a producer of this current project, my job would involved in every stage of the proposed programe overseeing the project from start to finish, both in the studio and on location. I am happy to be working with good and responsible team leaders, a group of   production assistants, coordinators and managers. After months of hard work I longed for a break. 


It was a long break indeed. After a 5 week of rest from the mastectomy, I wanted to return to work. It wouldn't be bad since I'm still in the 'pool' for staff with chronic illnesses, which means I don't have to do anything but turn up for work every day and be the envy of every other stressed out, profuse sweating, on the verge of a nervous-breakdown staff. But being the considerable person that I am I did what I could as usual I gladly come early or stay back later if the job required me to do so.

When I was first dumped in the pool, my working hours was shorten, most of my normal working hours were abruptly taken away, but I lead them to believe I could contribute more, so the administration has been so wonderful that they let me take back my usual normal working hours.

For the first 3 days, I went home vomiting...everything. I was breathless and tired that even lying down didn't help. But still I pushed myself to the limits since I badly I needed the mental stimulation. By the fourth day I was feeling better, especially once my brain had started focusing on the work at hand rather than the deteriorating 
condition of my physical body.

But I'm still breathless. Often times I have to consciously control my breathing, the Dr. Mahathir’s way, which for him breathing is an exercise.  I read this from one of his books not many years ago and visualize the O2 passing through every fiber of my being would go straight to my unborn baby. For so many years, breathing was something I took for granted.

I enjoyed my work tremendously…..

Yeah…..If you love your job, you don't have to work any single day of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment