Wednesday 20 November 2013

Part fifteen: A fighter to the end


God will help me.


I still cry daily......
Experiencing the birth of a premature or a sick new born, is so overwhelming and traumatic. Watching Kriss struggles to survive is extremely a difficult time for me and hubby. It’s like stepping into a foreign captivity where hope and faith keep us going on strong..

Kriss didn't react well to indomethacin. It causes havoc in his kidney and the doctors suspected him of having an infection too. I was not too surprise since he is placed together with two other premature babies who are having an infection. I wonder why he is not isolated from them on the first place.

Last night he was taken off milk because his tummy suddenly couldn't process the amount of 14ml baby formula fed every three hours. Today the doctors restart feeding him with 5ml baby formula every three hours.

The next plan is to stabilize his blood count and blood gas, and retry indomethacin.
Anything for him goes as long as it helps him to be better.

I have come across, surviving miracle babies. In one case, a baby who was born at 24 weeks gestation weighted 500gm is finally discharged from the NICU after 4 months intensive care and, a 28-week baby weighted 780gm who now is still in the same care unit struggling to survive...

My biggest concern is I may not be able to visit him five times daily like I used to now due to my deteriorating condition.


There are little nodules rapidly appearing on my mastectomy scared areas which I finally had to notify the O& G doctor who then promptly notify the surgical team. My appointment with the oncologist team is urgently carried forward. They scan and restage my condition for advance treatment. I'll probably start chemo treatment sooner than the initial planned.

God will help me pull through......

No comments:

Post a Comment