Sunday 11 November 2012

Wake up princess....



I saw her a few days before I fly to work. She was happily chatting with friends and so was I with mine, We managed to acknowledged each other's presence with a raised eyebrow and a quick wave from afar. That was last July.

During a break from work recently I visited her.  Not just any other ordinary visit, but one to the ICU to see her in a comatose state with so many wires coming out of her fragile body.

I have visited ventilated and sedated patients in the past... but seeing own relative especially a young one in that exact condition is not something that I could stomach easily. It was a shock to us all. At the rate her condition spiralled down was unbelievable, even to the doctors who are treating her. Especially that she is only 22 years old, healthy and fit.

All we can do now is to pray for her strength and fighting spirit to strive on and will soon be ready to come out of her sleep to recover fully so we will see each other again during family gatherings/weddings for many more years to come….

Amin..

No comments:

Post a Comment