Saturday 10 November 2012

Dysmenorrhea




I suffer frequent bouts of dysmenorrhea since my first cycle started as a young girl reaching puberty and someone told me the problem would disappear when I get married.  The idea of pain-free that-time-of-the-month cycle was something that I looked forward to when I was growing up.

I had numerous incidents of allergic reactions due to incompetent doctors who kept giving me different types of painkillers when I was in pain during those growing up years of which I am still allergic to now. I already experienced a few years of marriage but am still suffering from on-off dysmenorrhea.  Such a lie!

And to those incompetent doctors, I am allergic to Paracetamol which you should have detected much earlier if you've learned your pharmacology well during medical schools instead of putting me through hell by testing different painkillers like Ibuprofen, Diclofenac,  Aspirin, Ponstan etc on me.

Anyway, some also said that the pain will go away once I've experience childbirth. Well, another lie. Like me. I have friends who already have kids but still experience dysmenorrhea episodes. I have now accepted the fact that it is something that I have to go through till menupouse. 

When it gets really unbearable, I just need to curl-up in bed for hours with a few doses of DF118 and  half a tub of vicks vapour rub…

No comments:

Post a Comment