Thursday 22 November 2012

"Aku terima......"


 Almost half of my married friends are getting divorced. One of them is getting a divorce because her husband is having an affair with another woman. Another guy is divorcing his wife because he recently found out she was a lesbian.

 I thought when you get married you had promised to love each other till the day you die. Why the divorce? What went wrong? Is it because they got married too early or is it because it's the only way to fill up their lonely life? Did they get married because their parents decide it is time for them to do so? Did they get married because they just want children? Are those valid reasons to get married? Some people regards  marriage a gamble and thus it could go either way and it goes with this sayings
 "Never trust your spouse 100%".


With all these negative views about marriage, I can’t help but think about my late grandparents. They are both teachers and the most loving couple I ever knew. After their retirement every day around 5pm, both will have tea together prepared  by my Tok Yang in the garden. They would talk about everything under the sun, most frequently the wellbeing of their children and grandchildren. They walked side by side holding hands and I could hear Tok Yang occasional laugh at Tok Ayah’s jokes . Tok Ayah was really a funny man.

I want that kind of relationship, an everlasting love affair. My significant other should love me pasionately but not  too much  until I can’t breath. He has to share  my interest on music, movies and yellow. He listens when I rambled about my crummy day I had. He must be brave enough to go scuba diving once a while with me. I’m pushing it a wee bit. Hehehehe…


So what makes a happy and lasting marriage? Let me know quick because I don’t wanna stumble and fall flat on my butt on my way there…to hear him say "Aku terima..............."



No comments:

Post a Comment