Monday 13 January 2014

My glassball


A friend reminded me that work is a rubber ball and family is a glass ball.
One will bounce back if dropped, but the other will break. 

And I learnt the hard way that out of all the facets of the glass ball, I am probably the most fragile (for now), and I know if I break, everything else around me will crumble.


I've also learned that people who are nice on the surface may not be the kindest, and people who have been gossiped to be the worst of characters can be some of the nicest people and more understanding than you think. 

I will put my foot down and I'm learning to put my needs first before others’. 
I realized how much I needed to take care of myself, nurture my own self, and I just needed some time and space for MYSELF, for my own personal development and for some rest and soul-searching to do on my own.

No matter how much I rationalize that I need to put myself first, there's just a lot of guilt but  I know eventually I'll reach a balance between other people's needs and my own needs. 

It’s going to be a long, long time before I’d be able to say I have achieved that perfect balanced.

But for now, I’m all set on keeping my glass ball from breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment