Saturday 8 December 2012

That is Me.......



To stay awake for more than 24 hours without sleep is like a piece of cake to me. I do it often especially when I am call for s/b. Thanks that I could do it easily without tea or coffee. (Never like tea or coffee but I will be so happy with a can of KF).

All I need to have while I am on my toe for long hour work is a constant stimulation, some excitements and senses of an obligation and job commitment. Fear too, has the same effect on me.

For excitement.... I watch movie or play games online and when I am eager to finish reading a book I could get over excited too. Once a while when the conversation and the crowd is to my liking I would join the bunch of guys talking and laughing our heart out together under the twinkle twinkle little star ....(only when Leodi is around….)
Dear Am… it was a never ending healthy heart to heart..... Thanks for being with me for the past 2 years….

Obligation- When exploration and production work is at the height, I work best under pressure. (in group)

Fear factor...it goes together with obligation. You have to be on the nose and be close to hand during critical moments. (Kalau tido… die-lah for sure!)

When the crucial times are over, I will tune my brain to a more relax mode and will immediately fall asleep.

And….I have slept in the most uncomfortable position…

- I could sleep with my jeans/overall and shoes/boots on and a helmet on my head
- I've slept with three other guys on a couch when one of them snored like the sound of a trumpet…
- I've slept at the airports with hard bagpack as my pillow
- I've slept in the cold in a hibernating position in sleeping bags.
- I could sleep while sitting or standing while leaning against a wall.
- I could sleep with the TV/ radio in full blast volumes and lights switched on
- I could sleep on uneven soil surface with or without a tent over me…

I could continue sleeping even if I already have enough sleep for the day, which means, I could go on sleeping for 24 hours straight!

And it is easy to wake me up…. Just call my name once or twice or slightly tap my shoulder and I will bounce back to life unless I decide there is no strong enough reason to do so (especially on my off days!)

The only side effect I often get from staying up long hours is the ugly black ring eyes.

I don't like teas, coffees and the likes because
- I don’t like them.
- it cause me a throbbing headache

I rarely suffered from migraine, but when I do, all I need is to be in a quiet, dark, place, a container besides me if I puked. I only need 2-3 Panadols and a few hours sleep. If I need to move my butt I had to do it slowly because every motion made I felt my head bashed up against the wall and the cells in my brain suffering a painful death. Since I know when it’s coming I am always prepared for the worst.

I was prescribed with Ponstan which I usually avoid taking.(its stronger than Panadol, weaker than Morphine).

Do you think you can stand living with me when I’m in that situation?!


No comments:

Post a Comment