Sunday 9 December 2012

Am I subconsciously unhappy?



I woke up from sleep crying.
Its the third time in two weeks, I have been crying in my dreams and waking up still crying.
What is the significant behind all  these?
Am I subconsciously unhappy?

Most people think we lose consciousness when we sleep, that we have no control whatsoever on our thoughts when we sleep. This is not true. 

I cant remember where I read this...
Dreams are representations of unconscious desires, thoughts and motivations. It is a  psychoanalytic view of personality driven by aggressive and sexual instincts that are repressed from conscious awareness. While these thoughts are not consciously expressed,  they find their way into our awareness via dreams. So, our repressed thinking is being released while sleeping to lift off the burden of stress. That is why most of the time, we feel refreshed after a good night sleep due to this stress-relieving effect.

There is a theory saying we let out our emotions while sleeping because we are in the thoughtless state of mind. Our mind is free and is in an unreflective/unthinking mode. Getting an adequate sleeping hours is important as most of the time, we feel refreshed when we wake up.

That's why hypnosis, or simply even playing the recorded lecture tapes while sleeping, works.I remembered when I was a lil girl in my half asleep mode I could feel my late granny's thumb in between my eyebrows while reciting the Quran and doa and softly blowing my forehead.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcz9OR_4OC4

Have a good nice sleep, everyone!
(Jgn lupe bava doa...)

No comments:

Post a Comment