Wednesday 18 July 2012


Was it about me.....? 


Finally I made it for three and a half months out of six since Nov last year until April this year. Never thought I would be stationed in a desert for that long in my life. Well, to others who have stayed there permanently, three and a half months is just a short period of time. Me? Remember? that was my first assignment on an African land and I'd been working non-stop throughout that six months period. No weekend, no off days, nothing, even after I came back each time from offshore, I was not allowed to have a break either….

 I SURVIVED!

I was working like the donkeys in town…. exceeding beyond my normal working limit and I was like being driven and nailed to the wall…seriously I feel like killing my boss or at least, a donkey. I even looked  like  a retarded monster.

Then I was on leave for a bit less than two months and now I’m assigned back here for another working period of six months. No more desert life I hope in between offshore this time round..

My assessment is scheduled in less than a week and I have yet to study. I feel like I’m being   sandwhiched in between two big boulders (preparing reading materials for the assessment and work). Problems is whenever I start reading, I'll end up snoring! I even fall asleep in the lounge (which never happened before).

It was Leodi who repeatedly tapping my shoulders that made me jumped wide eyed. All eyes were on me…..Pairs of blue, greenish, light and dark brown eyes were all on me!!. I gave them a sheepish grin while picking up a book I was reading ealier and quietly walked out from the lounge.  I heard a  murmur just as I was about to turn my back.There must be more than ten bewildered men in there.

Since he was speaking in Swedish I can’t figured what he was  saying.
Was it about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment