Friday 6 December 2013

2013 is leaving....



It is now nearing mid December as 2014 is drawing closer, I realize I have not only grown up a year older but also significantly becoming a lot wiser. I have come to realize it's not going to matter how many breaths we took, but to value those moments that took our breath away and when life gives you a thousand reasons to cry, yet we have a million reasons to smile.

A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

In all the delusion about staying young at heart, don’t mean that you have to forgo maturity entirely. And as much as you’d like to go back to your younger years when things were so much less complicated, you’d have to face the fact that life is so much better with the complications tagging along with you.

It took me an hour to walk down memory lane a few days ago back to the house that look so magnanimous to me and the same street that look so long and winding once upon a time ago.

Scrutinizing the same house now, it looks tinier than before and only took me a few strides from the porch to reach the backyard... The street on which I used to walk on to sneak to my then best friend’s house at the other side of the road looks so short and less winding. 

In fact, the incidence of sneaking out crossing the same road became reason for mom to palpitate each time she discovered I crossed it alone. (I got several slashes of the cane and a few days detention).  Now it makes my mom look like she was making a big deal out of nothing!

Yeah…..those were the days and I have cross such a long way to see bigger, better things.
As much as I hate to see 2013 go, I really can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment