Tuesday 13 August 2013

Salam Aidil Fitri..


As I expected, Eidul Fit here with my kids, Zoul and inlaws for the first time is the merriest compared to my three consecutive past Eid which were quieter……more peaceful but sad especially when i heard the ‘dendang perantau’ tunes in my head.
The price I paid when I signed the contract to work abroad….
Previous years when I was home with parents and siblings I usually try my best not to get involved in any raya cooking or even laying out the table. But for the past three years celebrating Eid abroad, I cooked most of the meal, except rendang (chicken or meat) and I laid the table as I wish myself.
Nobody tells me what to do or yell at my face when I don’t do things their way. So many complains ….I am not cut to be a good homemaker….I guess.
Eid has always been stressful, at least for me when I am celebrating with my family here in Malaysia.  Everything has to be perfect, curtains , furniture, walls and ceiling thoroughly cleaned, well trimmed compound…. [cough] Kesian bibikku…..
The plates have to shine and matching each other’s colors, patterns and shape [more cough] If there is a plate or bowl which did not match, mama would start yelling  [to the person who laid the table]. Time ni bibik da balik Indon…
I am not a perfectionist. I just don’t give a shit…because I am happy just to use whatever I have in whichever manner I wished. Furthermore I am not the type that will ogle at other’s home and at the stuff they have in their home when I paid them a visit during Eid.
I love family reunion and I love getting together with relatives but when people start bad talks and belittling each other I feel choked (lemas) And annoyed.
(I mean, didn’t you just salam and minta maaf tadi?)
Escaping those questions of “bila lagi?”(when are you getting married) and recently , “dah ada isi ke?” (When are you getting pregnant?) and when is the wedding reception? bla..bla.. I would ask, do you want to create a conversation or just trying to be cheeky with me?
(Well,  after yearssssss of asking the same questions, without thinking whether their questions might hurt my feelings)
Don’t turn purple when I gave you my version of cheekiness ….
 I am not very sweet and nice if you put in the wrong note!!.
 But how can I be in my good mood when I feel hot breath close to my neck every time ?
(Rileks rileks boleh tak? Inikan hari untuk bergembira and to celebrate so kenapa nak stress dan buat orang stress dengan soklan2 seperti itu?)
 I just don’t get it.
The pressure was off  the last three years I celebrated Eid overseas....

Salam Aidil fitri untuk semua…

No comments:

Post a Comment