Thursday 1 August 2013

Iftar.



Normally I am constantly feeling hungry, however hunger seemed instantly beaten down during Ramadhan and I am trimming two kg of unwanted fat a week. Fasting and performing Tarawikh throughout Ramadhan is an alternative way to lose weight. However it only works, if you don't clog up during iftar and to continue eating the entire night or glut at buffets all through the month.

Why do some people don't get hungry, exaggerating, but actually there are people who seem not easily getting hungry. They feel full all the time. But there are people who get hungry all the time, eats all the time and still are just skins and bones and they represent less than 0.001% (my own quote) of the world population, the runways and catwalk models.


Hunger is even more projected like ten folds of the usual after a workout but I am not that obsessed with my weight. If I were, I would exercise like crazy to maintain the ideal BMI of 50kg, like skin and bone revealing my abs, my ribs, pelvis and probably some internal organs as well. 

I’m writting about iftar with the family….

We were at Hadramawt Chulan Square for iftar yesterday. We arrived early since the traffic was clear. There were not many people and we didn’t have to queue to get our food and the place is spacious – a two storey restaurant.

The kids love hummus with bread but too bad they didn’t serve the one with mince mutton which is Sarah and Billi’s favourite  .

I had the vegan chickpea soup and another soup that tasted like some wheat porridge with tomato. I like both.

The main dish was mandy rice served with various lamb or chicken dish . And there was pasta. My advice, if you crave for pasta go to the Italian Restaurant, Middle East pasta is soft and bland and the one here is no exceptional.
There were  samosas (fried vegetable pastry) which suited my taste bud and yam potato balls with minced beef filling which Sarah can’t get enough. I tasted sample bits of each vegetable dish that were there.
The meatball coated with creamy colored gravy seems to be the most popular with the Abdullah family members. Zoul said it tasted sour like yogurt.

For desert- cream caramel for everyone. I had mahalbiya (Egyptian milk custard) and kheer (Indian rice pudding) which were extremely sweet but I manage to clean a serving, It was sinfully yummy despite the strong taste of rose water in the mahalbiya.
There were some cute crusty desert, some kid of pastry with dash of sweet tahini sauce and also the super sweet cakes.


With all these sweet things, don’t they get diabetes or something…..

The surau or musollah is on the second floor. I had to look after Adra while her mommy went up for solat but  I had to pass her to daddy because she was crying so hard and thank God she stopped crying when daddy fed her with cream caramel...

I wish I had more berbuka puasa session with the family...
(the last time we had iftar together was three years ago.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment