Tuesday 18 October 2011

The twist of fate...


Past fiction….


I looked up and saw pain in his eyes. Averting my gaze while sipping his coffee, he told me what had transpired since we parted nearly 10 yrs ago. I listened intently of the path of fate that had entertwined in between our lives.
We were at Al Bustan Rotana and were facing each other putting our life storie down in our cards. All the things we went through together and then separately in our own lives; but by some strange twist of fate we met here at this stop. FATED....  .

Love's so strange 
Playin' hide and seek, with hearts 
And always hurtin' 
And we're the fools 
Standin' close enough to touch 
Those burnin' memories 
And if I hold you 
For the sake of all those times 
love made us lose our minds 
Could I ever let you go 
Oh, no...we made it 
Left each other, on the way 
To another love 
Looks like we made it 
Or I thought so, till today 
Until you were there 
everywhere 
And all I could taste was love 
the way we made it 

(Looks Like We Made It ~ Barry Manilow)




Are we still holding on to old memories which suddenly came rushing back with no mercy?
Having gone through marital misery made me a cynic. I felt really sorry for him and quickly put that nagging feeling at the back of my mind as I felt what he needed most was an understanding not mere judgment.


Me: So what is happening now?


I asked trying very hard not to probe. From past personal experience I will only take information when offered. A hurt and betrayed person needed support and understanding, not interrogation. Too much probing will results in clamming and withdrawal further into the shell.


He: I am looking for a house to stay as we sold the house as part of the  divorce settlement.


Me: You are not going back to Mal?
He nodded.


We didn't stay long at the cafe because I have to hrry back to the hotel and M to whatever new life he has in front of him.
For me to be in a relationship the second time around with an ex, will have the benchmark raised higher.


Change is the only constant in life and love is NOT a guarantee. Practicality overrides any emotional highs. As it is, I was no longer a young person full of romantic idealism.
Instead I have turned into a romance cynic.


We shall become the good friends we once were supporting one another. We both must have been hurting too bad in our respective lives to make way for any new dimension. Once bitten twice shy. Twice bitten, nobody wants to try. Not with your best friend.


You can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time. Definitely we will never want to be fools in love. Not for the second time in our miserable lives.
I have Billi utmost priority but at the same time…… 

Hey do you miss me..?. 

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmm.... We didn't stay long at the cafe because I have to hrry back to the hotel and M to whatever new life he has in front of him....hurghhh... u been tricked!!!!!

    ReplyDelete