Monday 24 October 2011

It was once HOME SWEET HOME....


Papa and Mama sold their terrace house in RS Ipoh to our next door neighbour who’s been eyeing for the house since we moved to SA nearly 6 years ago.

Then they bought a new house – a semi-detached single in SP Ipoh. I thought it’s going to be a farewell once the property was sold but I guess they never get tired of Ipoh or maybe when they retire they are going back to Ipoh for good.

There goes the house in RS where I've been staying during my growing up years (since I was eight).

 I had the middle room while Along occcuppied the third. After a month we switched rooms so that I could be nearer to Bibik’s. Afiq who was then 2 was still sleeping with my parents.

There was a wild guava tree at the back compound of our home where papa built a tree house. (Those memories came rushing  back on my mind like seawaves as I looked at the pix of MB Resort tree house by the beach in Tioman) We spent days and nights on the tree house which held lots of secrets Along and I shared.

RS is where I call home sweet, sweet home, where I came back for term breaks during my S*T*F and pre_uni years.

We held lots of birthday parties, the birth of my youngest brother Eiman, countless Aidil Fitris and Aidil Adhas, New year celebs, thaksgiving, and the death of our 3 cats (Hamdan, Syed and Halim).

Hamdan was run down by papa when he was reversing his car. Poor thing...we buried him at the backyard. Syed was poisoned by my Indian neighbour (his 12 yr old son). It was actually a revenge. On that fateful day  Syed bounced and gobbled up Bala’s pet bird ferociously while he was holding the poor bird in his hand.. Syed came home one day with lots of bubbles in his mouth and died a few hours later. And Halim died of old age….

The house we lived in shared lots of happy memories, shrieks and laughter, of wonderful playful days with other kids in the neighborhood, childhood arguments and tears that we shed on uneventful moment during our 13 yrs life journey in Ipoh.

Initially, we (my siblings and I) thought mama and papa would keep the house and sought other means to acquire another house somewhere in Penang but we realize we are only shareholders of their dreams whereas they are makers of their own dreams come true.

According to Ma the new house in SP has a bigger lawn.

Mama: The compound is bigger. Ada la tempat for the kids to play and run around.

Me: Budak mana pulak nak lari-lari kat rumah kita Ma? Your kids are all grown up dah tua2.  Takkan Mama expect kami main hambat-hambat lagi?

She smiled… but I knew in her heart, she meant grandchildren since Billi is the only one..
Billi
Billi
 I dare not say more


          

No comments:

Post a Comment