Saturday 7 May 2011

Happy Mother's day.....I luv u mom !!


I didn’t know what to expect from the accommodation bookings and activities schedules when we arrived in HCMC because they were all done by Zul online.. Usually when I travel alone I will just go to Wikitravel and get some important information like how to go to town from the airport the cheapest way and where to get budget stay guesthouse. 
But  when  our  moms and Billi tagged along, Zul will do these things   perfectly !!!  this time with a little bit more information from Komar (who is like a PR here…we were in YNT the second night o/s) and his new friend Ben from Koolred.com, I was a bit more confident and have less butterflies in my stomach. Here we met up with Billi, mine and his mom. Papa arrived two days latter and ordered us to move from GH Saigon where we been staying for two nights to PR Saigon for another 4 nights. ‘Sorry Niy…we have to cancel our stay in Pham Ngu Lao area , where the famous backpackers area is,’ Zul said. What a disappointment for me. Hmmmm……
We took the 152 bus to town. Only 3000VND( RM1.50)
The bus was air-conditioned and very comfy. It was a little bit tricky to locate it as very less people speak English and  it took about 30mnts, in the bad traffic to reach town centre.
HCMC have nice cafes and excellent coffee !!!
Who could resist a mug of  Viet coffee? One of the 1st thing mom did was to try all the coffee they have in Vietnam; whether its the roadside stall or the cafe’s coffee. Yeah...she got to try ‘em all because she just love all the coffee. I wasn’t feeling very well, with starting to get sore throat and had to be careful with whatever I ate and drank, coffee ?   No thanks !!
A day before I went back to my post, mom bought dozens of them back from the Ben Thanh market for some friends back in KL.
                              The traffic – thousands of motorbikes!
Ben, the new friend Zul got to know from Koolred.com picked us up for dinner and we were on a 1 hour bike tour around the city after dinner. 1 hour on bike – I think I lost some celullite on my ass! And I got leg cramps too!! But it was worth it. It was an experience that not many people would experience. It will be different to walk or to take a cab and I wasn’t expecting it at all.

The next morning, Ben picked us up at 8.30 and he brought a friend to join us for breakfast. He brought us to a halal food place which was located in the compound of a mosque. On the next day he took us to  another halal place for lunch, which was located in the compound of another mosque!  Besides Ben there are definitely lots more people who are nice out there!!
A visit to the War Remnant Museum is a must!
He brought me to two museums. One of it was the War Remnant Museum.  After being in there for about 30min, I felt sick. I could feel the pain and sufferings of these people and what they have gone through during the war.
Returning back to my post from HCMC, I brought back new memories, new experience and new friendship. If last year, I met a new friend onboard the flight whom I am still in touch until now, this year I made new friends in HCMC but too bad I didn’t get the chance to find this one particular place, where pictured a luvly lady seated in between banana leaves  the similar one I seen in one of the pix Am took when he was here..
On our final night, we celebrated moms day in advance, a simple dinner together since both of us will be working o/s on Mothers Day…….and I had something nice from Billi and I will share it with all of you on Mother's Day....
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOMS

No comments:

Post a Comment