Thursday 26 May 2011

An Embarrassing Moment



He mistook another woman for yours truly….

I was wearing a blue tight jeans with a light blue shirt neatly tucked in with a black leather belt and we were out to buy groceries at a supermart nearby. Zul was browsing the fruits section enjoying the fresh smell of mangoes arranged in rows in front of him when I decided to get myself a pack of fresh milk from another section.

As I made my way I heard him saying, “Hey Sweetheart, let's get these, they look fresh and yummy".(Hmmm…..bile nak stop panggil aku s/heart)

 Maybe he didn’t notice I had crossed over to another shelve nearby and thinking I was still beside him, he reached for ‘my’ hand, pulling ‘me’ nearer when a fairly loud voice with a heavy accent startled him, (We don’t speak their language) but I think maybe he means “WTH!!!! Why are you holding my wife’s hand?”

I turned to look at him wide eyes …a hand over my mouth as to stop myself from laughing out loud! He was holding another woman's hand, she too wearing a blue shirt similar mine, but black jeans. Noticing she was not me he pulled back releasing her hand with apologies while she and her husband were glaring at him.

He  apologised again and again,  spoke in English, "Sorry, I thought she my girl friend" I immediately walked towards them and in seconds I was standing beside him smiling to the couple. A bunch of other shoppers were staring at us. Zul then pointing at me and her, both in blue shirt but hers was in darker shade.

It was a genuine mistake by Zul and on realizing it, both of them started laughing. Zul smilingly shook hands with both of them repeatedly saying 'sorry'. She replied in English, “It okay, I blue, she also blue". (Lain macam jer bunyinyer… blue, blue ni)

I guess Zul’s big framed and his much taller in height had stopped him from being hit by her hubby. He is about 5'4" and of a small built.
 If I were her I would have given Zul few flying kicks……

No comments:

Post a Comment