Friday 4 April 2014

Swimming


I have not swam since entering my late second trimester and the  mother care maternity swimsuit that I bought for fifteen dollar (it was on seventy percent discount) has been hanging idle in in the ward rob  nearly two months. Zoul was away working. 

I don't feel safe going into the pool alone, afraid if I would slip and accidentally would fall flat on my stomach when going into or upon coming out from the pool unaided. I am very heavy now and it is difficult to enter the pool since the steps are a little high from each other. 

When I got to the first step I decided to just sit on the ledge, dip in my legs and slowly moving them backward and forward in the cold water. Then, I would swam slowly towards the deeper end aided by Zoul.

Zoul was just great playing a role like a swimming instructor teaching a little girl how to swim.  I couldn't swim the normal way as I use to because it was too tiring to swim the right way (I was huffing and puffing midway) and I felt pressured at the perineum area.

In the end, I kept holding on to Zoul's neck as he treaded his steps very slowly while my legs paddling. We did a couple of laps and when I got out of the pool, my whole body was aching but we had a good exercise.

 I am going back to the pool next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment