Friday 17 May 2013

Muslim ladies in fashion



I was having dinner when I felt like someone was watching me from across our table. A young guy had his camera phone raised up high. Was he recording me?.

 "Maybe he's just playing a game on his phone," I said to myself. The girl sitting next to him (I presume she is his sister because they look alike) kept looking at his phone and then staring at me while giggling. 

"Hey I think he's recording me. Can you please do something about it?" I told Zul..

" What do you expect me to do? As long as he doesn't try to touch you I can't do anything about it," he exclaimed.

Erggg… This one is a complete weirdo!

When I was on Arab land (Middle East) I found men gawking and leering more often compared when I am elsewhere. Please don’t get me wrong because I am not the kind of lady who thinks men are so crazy about me. I don’t like them staring and I will immediateIy make an exit if any of them try to make advances. I dressed decently so WTH!

Sometimes I wish I had a scarf covering my head but I'm just too afraid I'll change my mind the next day and that would be lack of commitment. Fashion is my weakness and my strength....

I think hijab Muslim women are beautiful and covering up don’t make them looking mysterious or exotic but they choose to be stylish in a modest way and they made a conscious decisioadn to protect themselves by covering themselves up in the presence of non family members.. They have a very healthy sense of self-respect (not that non-Muslims or non-hijab ladies don't. Please don’t get me wrong). 


Fashion isn't about showing as much flesh as you can. It's about individuality, creativity and self-expression. Muslim woman are simply expressing their modesty with hijab..


No comments:

Post a Comment