Friday 23 October 2015

Are you sleeping???


God creates so much love between us who seldom see each other but never stop missing each other and I pray that dynamic and the genuine respect I have for him will never die.  
Zoul has always been polite, wishes me good every day wherever and whenever is possible through email, sms, phone calls, skype, whichever is available the moments he is offshore, working and…… Yes, he would calmly and positively explain if I did something wrong and I would just melt away, reading his emails/sms or while listening to him through the phone.  There has to be genuine respect for each other otherwise the love which is there will gradually die.
We have known each other six years before we decided to tie the knots two years ago and during those six years, I fly to work with him, fly home with him. We shared and sleep in the same bunker and use the same toilet with the rest of the crew, wake up and go to work with him, attended meetings and seminars with him, weekend with him, work days with him.

I respect and love this man.

Since becoming a wife, while Zoul is away I had on the mom and dad caps. At times it adds pressure and stress to the job of raising three kids alone. We have a maid to do the day to day chores but during decision making I feel alone. The kids miss daddy but I myself am missing him a lot more.
I always look forward to when Zoul comes through the house doors after months he was away. Sara, Billi and I would race to the door to see who gets to daddy first. Lyra probably would move a few baby steps forward but she is not too excited about daddy’s homecoming.
Since I resigned, I don’t know much about his day and him about mine so he decided that we share three happy moments and one unhappy moment we encountered on a particular day before bed.  (two hour time different between countries).
The only disadvantage is he is usually sleepy by this hour. I am the one who is always chatty and most likely after an hour he is no longer listening.
Zoul: I’m unhappy about x. I’m happy that a…. I’m also happy that b… and my last happy thing is c...
Me: My turn now…. I’m unhappy because this woman…bla bla.  I went to meet her and… bla bla bla… that is why I become unhappy and I just don’t understand why bla and she said bla bla. Zoul….Why do you think it happened that way bla bla bla….
Zoul: Mmmm…
Me: Are you there? I have not told you my three happy moments  Are you… are you asleep? If you’re, you are going on in my unhappy moment for tomorrow night.
Zoul: kroh …kroh
Me:hmmmmmmm……..


Note: this will never work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment